Strong finishers show commitment, tenacity, integrity, and grit. They also prove that greatness is more than possible when you focus and stay the course, even if the journey to the finish line isn’t smooth. That sends a compelling, inspirational messages to those looking on.
However, you don’t need to be a natural at finishing strong to do so. You can teach yourself how to do it with patience and commitment; the right quotes about finishing strong can motivate you to get there.
After all, Inspiring quotes are more than just pretty words that sound good in your head when repeated. They’re also little wisdom from those who have faced (and to overcome) the same challenges you’re dealing with today. Let’s dive deeper into the power of inspirational quotes and cover how you can use them to become great in your own right.
Understanding the Art of Finishing Strong
“There is a connection between your brain and your body that can help make the seemingly impossible possible. In most people, however, that connection remains untapped.”
– Lisa Charles (Yes! Commit. Do. Live.)
The specifics of what it means to finish strong can vary from one situation to another. However, it always means giving the task at hand your best effort, maintaining focus, and refusing to give up. This can involve:
- Making small but consistent degrees of progress
- Maintaining high standards and shooting for excellence
- Staying committed to a goal no matter what
- Successfully working past obstacles
- Being adaptable and dealing with challenges head-on
People who believe in finishing strong and consistently do so also believe in doing their best or believe in yourself no matter what. They understand that a strong finish is a win in and of itself, even if the original larger goal wasn’t reached. That shows commitment, reliability, consistency, and integrity – all qualities more people could stand to cultivate.
80 Motivational Quotes About Finishing Strong
Here are some inspiring quotes about finishing strong to consider when it’s time to tackle your next challenge.
- “The high cost of greatness is better than the low cost of mediocrity.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “No one has a problem with the first mile of a journey. Even an infant could do fine for a while. But it isn’t the start that matters. It’s the finish line.” – Julien Smith
- “We must always change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves, otherwise we harden.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Adversity is preparation for greatness.” – Andy Andrews
- “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Molière
- “If you’re going through hell, keep moving.” – Winston Churchill
- “Adversity introduces a man to himself.” – Albert Einstein
- “In tough times of adversity and change, we really discover who we are and what we’re made of.” – Howard Schultz
- “We don’t develop courage by being happy every day. We develop it by surviving difficult or tough times and challenging adversity.”- Barbara De Angelis
- “Out of difficulties grow miracles.” – Jean de la Bruyere
- “It is your reaction to adversity, not the adversity itself, that determines how your life story will develop.” – Dieter F. Uchtdorf
- “You’ll never find a better sparring partner than adversity.”- Golda Meir
- “I have a lot of great things to prove to myself. One is that I can live my life fearlessly.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream.” – C.S. Lewis
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” ― Maya Angelou
- “Dreams are illustrations… from the book your soul is writing about you.” – Marsha Norman
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
- “You just go after your wish. As soon as you start to pursue a dream, your life wakes up and everything has meaning.” – Barbara Sher
- “Whenever you have taken up work in hand, you must see it to the finish. That is the ultimate secret of success. Never, never, never give up!” – Dada Vaswani
- “It takes a dream to get started, desire to keep moving, and determination to finish.” – Eddie Harris, Jr.
- “Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.” – Earl Nightingale
- “You can’t finish what you don’t start, and you should never start what you’re not committed to finish.” – Gary Ryan Blair
- “So you may not always have a comfortable life. And you will not always be able to solve all the world’s problems all at once. But don’t ever underestimate the impact you can have, because history has shown us that courage can be contagious, and hope can take on a life of its own.” – Michelle Obama
- “Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go.” -William Feather
- “Believe in yourself that you can and you’re halfway there.” -Theodore Roosevelt
- “The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.” -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- “Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.” -Francis of Assisi
- “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to be successful is more important than any other one thing.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has to overcome.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Being challenged in life is inevitable, being defeated is optional.” – Roger Crawford
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- “Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work hard around it.” – Michael Jordan
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
- “By changing nothing, nothing changes.” — Tony Robbins
- “Change is inevitable. Growth is optional.” — John C. Maxwell
- “If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your life or attitude.” — Maya Angelou
- “Your life does not get better by chance; it gets better by change.” — Jim Rohn
- “The art of life lies in a constant readjustment to our surroundings.” — Kakuzo Okakura
- “All things are difficult before they are easy.” — Thomas Fuller
- “Growth and comfort do not coexist.” — Ginni Rometty
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” — Mother Teresa
- “If you do not change your life direction, you might end up where you are heading.” — Lao Tzu
- “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” — Steve Jobs
- “Times and conditions change so rapidly that we must keep our aim constantly focused on the future.” — Walt Disney
- “In any given moment, we have two options: to step forward into growth or step back into safety.” — Abraham Maslow
Harnessing inner strength
- “You have power over your mind―not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all the time.” – Anna Freud
- “Your strength doesn’t come from winning. It comes from struggles and hardship. Everything that you go through prepares you for the next level.” – Germany Kent
- “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
- “It is worth remembering that the time of greatest gain in terms of wisdom and inner strength is often that of greatest difficulty.” – Dalai Lama
- “The Buddha taught that most problems – if only you give them enough time and space – will eventually wear themselves out.”- Elizabeth Gilbert
- “To be Successful is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “Do not judge me by my success, judge me by how many times I fell down and got back up again.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass. It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
- “Courage is not absent of fear. Courage is your willingness to push through fear in spite of feeling it. Be brave because you can.” – Wesam Fawzi
- “The human capacity for burden is like bamboo – far more flexible than you’d ever believe at first glance.” – Jodi Picoult
Learning from failures
- “I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying.” ― Michael Jordan
- “There are no failures–just experiences and your reactions to them.” ― Tom Krause
- “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” ― Bill Gates
- “Let the fear of failure be the background noise of your success.” — Giovanni Dienstmann
- “Do not fear mistakes. You will know failure. Continue to reach out.” ― Benjamin Franklin
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” ― Elbert Hubbard
- “The master has failed more times than the beginner has tried.” ― Stephen McCranie
- “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” ― John C. Maxwell
- “Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” ― Samuel Beckett
- “I have not failed. I have found 10,000 ways that don’t work.” ― Thomas Edison
- “The oak fought the wind and was broken, the willow bent when it must and survived.” ― Robert Jordan
- “Rock bottom became the solid foundation in which I rebuilt my life.” —J.K. Rowling
- “You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.” —Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” —Maya Angelou
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ― Margaret Thatcher
- “On the other side of a storm is the strength that comes from having navigated through it. Raise your sail and begin.” ― Gregory S. Williams
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.” ― Japanese Proverb
- “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.” ― Helen Keller
- “Resilience is based on compassion for ourselves and others.” ― Sharon Salzberg
- “Resilience is the ability to attack while running away.” ― Wes Fessler
- “As much as talent counts, effort counts twice.” ― Angela Duckworth
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Applying Motivational Quotes in Daily Life
“The good news is that no matter our previous choice—or our feelings of regret, frustration, disappointment, and self-doubt—there is always hope in our ability to change and grow.”
– Lisa Charles (Yes! Commit. Do. Live.)
One of the best ways to leverage famous quotes about life and finishing strong in pursuit of your goals is to integrate them into your daily routine. Here are some suggestions to explore further.
- Print out quotes you especially like and display them in places you’ll see them often (e.g., your bathroom mirror, your refrigerator, or your computer desktop at work).
- Use favorite motivational quotes about life as journal prompts or meditation focuses.
- Share your favorite quotes about life on social media to spark discussion and motivate others.
- Repeat a favorite quote as a mantra first thing in the morning upon waking or last thing at night before going to bed.
Applying Inspirational Quotes for a Fulfilling Life
Incorporating inspirational quotes into our daily lives has the power to uplift our spirits, provide motivation, and shape a positive mindset. Let’s explore how the wisdom found in quotes about hard work, perseverance, kindness, and happiness can be applied to inspire us on our journey.
- Start Your Day with Uplifting Quotes – Begin your day with an inspirational quote that resonates with your aspirations. Quotes from renowned figures can set a positive tone, motivating you to tackle challenges with enthusiasm.
- Quotes for Hard Work and Perseverance – In times of difficulty, turn to quotes that emphasize the value of hard work and perseverance. Remind yourself that challenges are stepping stones to success, and persistence is the key to overcoming obstacles.
- Kindness Quotes for Positive Interactions – Incorporate kindness quotes into your interactions with others. A simple act of kindness can make a significant impact, and uplifting quotes on kindness serve as reminders to spread positivity.
- Quotes for Stepping Out of Your Comfort Zone – To inspire personal growth, venture beyond your comfort zone. Quotes encouraging you to embrace discomfort as the only way to progress can serve as your guiding light in navigating uncharted territories.
- Quotes for Happiness and Loving Life – Embed quotes about happiness and the joy of living into your daily routine. Remember that being happy is a choice, and these quotes can inspire you to appreciate the beauty in every moment.
- Inspiration for Success – In moments of self-doubt, turn to inspirational quotes for success. Allow the wisdom of accomplished individuals to fuel your determination and instill a belief in your own capabilities.
Inspirational quotes are more than mere words; they are guiding principles that can shape our daily lives. Whether it’s quotes on hard work, perseverance, kindness, or happiness, let these insights be your daily companions, inspiring you to be your best self and make a positive impact on the world around you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Need more information about the power of finishing strong or quotes on the topic? Check out the following FAQs.
How can motivational quotes impact my success?
Motivational quotes help remind you that others were once where you are but managed to finish strong. They’re proof you can do the same.
Are there specific quotes that resonate with different goals or challenges?
There are motivational and inspirational quotes out there to suit just about any goal or challenge. You can also use quotes as inspiration to write-down your own customized affirmations.
How do I maintain a positive mindset during difficult or tough times?
Starting your day on a high note can definitely help. Try activities like gratitude journaling, meditation, or repetition of positive thinking affirmations first thing in the morning.
Can motivational quotes really help me to overcome obstacles?
Absolutely. Repeating or reflecting on motivational and inspirational quotes often can help you rewire your brain to think positive, to be more happy and face challenges head-on over time.
What are some techniques to remember and apply motivational quotes daily?
Integrating the quotes that resonate with you the strongest into daily routines like prayer, gratitude journaling, meditation, and more are the best ways to unlock their full power.
Ultimately, the path to be successful is rarely a straight shot from start to finish. There are always setbacks, obstacles, and struggles along the way. Some of them are practically guaranteed to make you want to quit.
But a commitment to finishing strong can help you see great things through to the end, and motivational quotes can help you develop that. Choose a few favorites today, look for ways to integrate them into your life, and watch how they transform you from the inside out.